Monday 13 August 2012

The final weekend of the Olympics!

We spent the last weekend of the Olympics watching the marathon on the streets of London. It was brilliant and the atmosphere was amazing. The weekend started with a typical favourite breakfast of ours, waffles with creme fraiche (sweetened with golden caster sugar and a spoon of vanilla bean paste). My mum often made waffles for breakfast, more so when we had guests staying over, so it's something I always make when I feel homesick. This weekend I missed my sister a lot so I decided to cure my homesick feeling with waffles! Why not!:0)

It's so easy to make waffles thanks to Ekströms and although it is "cheating", I personally don't know any other ways to make waffles, at the moment anyway! I might do some researching after this. All you need is Ekströms waffle mix, water and oil/ melted butter. I went for oil to keep it...ahem....healthy.


And the results were delicious;

Especially with a cup of Swedish kaffe as well. Kahls is the nicest coffee ever!

The rest of Saturday was spent in the park and cycling, making the most of the sun really.


On Sunday London was buzzing and we decided to walk around to soak up the atmosphere. We walked across to St Paul's Cathedral to watch the marathon runners and found a great spot to cheer from. Well done to all the runners!!


Afterwards we walked to Bank, an area which is always heaving during the week days. It was lovely to be able to walk around and see things without all the cars and buses. We found a great bar to watch Olympic games on whilst enjoying a beverage or two. Yep, I went for tea!! In hindsight a glass of Pinot Noir would have been better.

We then walked back to Southbank and came across a place called Absolutely Starving, it looked very inviting so we decided to go in for a late afternoon snack. Anywhere with pastry in their window display normally gets my attention!

Needless to say this is a long post although the weekend, as always, felt too short.
Hope you enjoyed the novel:0) speak soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment