Wednesday 21 November 2012

Delicious Sugar Cookies

I am a big fan of the blog Sweetapolita. I adore everything Rosie bakes and I can spend hours looking at her lovely blog.

So it's no surprise that I decided to use her recipe for the perfect sugar cookies. I must admit that it felt like a huge task, because normally you just chill the dough once and off you go. In this recipe you chill the dough three times! But boy was it worth the time!

The dough is great to work with and my cookies came out so defined, I am used to cookies losing their shapes once they hit the oven.

I did half this recipe because we have so many baked goods in our freezer already and I didn't want to go overboard. I also went slightly off road with the recipe because if you check Rosie's blog you will find two delicious recipes; sugar cookie and dark chocolate sugar cookie. I wanted to try the dark chocolate one too but didn't have the right ingredients, so.........I decided to divide the dough I made and add 40gram of cocoa powder. However I will let you check out the recipe on Sweetapolita's blog.


Once you have made the dough, wrapped it up and left it in fridge for 45 minutes, you take them out and roll them out on two pieces of grease proof paper. You have to roll the dough like there is no tomorrow at first but it's worth the man power.
Once you have rolled it out you put it back into the fridge for another 15 minutes, then the fun part starts! Using your lovely cookie cutters:0)


 I bought my cutters from John Lewis and they have tiny cutters in
the shapes of star, tree and holly leaf.
The ones above are from JL too and they are a star, tree but also an angel.
I was scared that the little ones would burn but with this recipe it went pretty well. I watched my cookies most of the time and the plain ones took about 13-15 minutes. The chocolate ones took about 15-20 minutes. The dinky ones took about 5 minutes.

I love these cookies, they are just so tasty and the recipe is
perfect!
 
These are so dainty and adorable, there is a risk of eating about 20 of these
and justifying it because of the size...



 I left this package out for my boyfriend when he came home (yes, I also made a cup of tea too :0) and he was very happy.

This is without a doubt the best cookie recipe ever.

Hope you try and enjoy it as much as I did (do, still loads of cookies left). I will share some with my work colleagues though.

Ciao! x


No comments:

Post a Comment